Last Updated on by
A heavy bag is used to build strength, endurance and boxing technique. As well as punching and kicking without the need for a training partner.
The bag is suspended from a clamp mounted on ceiling beams. An empty corner of your garage is a convenient place to permanently hang your heavy bag so you have enough space to work without worrying about obstructions.
Hanging your heavy bag in the garage only takes a little time and will provide years of practice and exercise.
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Things You Need:
Stud finder Pencil Treated board (2 inches by 12 inches by 27 inches) 8-inch screws Drill lag with 5/8-inch hexagon driver, 12 inches long.
- Choose an empty corner of your garage. Rub your study finder through the roof to locate the trusses. Press the power button on the study finder, hold it firmly against the ceiling and slowly move it across the surface. Watch for the light to come to indicate the outer edge of the armor above the drywall. Watch for the exit light to indicate the opposite edge of the same armor. Make pencil marks in place of each Truss roof 48 inches from the wall that runs perpendicular to the beams.
- Keep your board treated against the ceiling by touching its 48-inch marks. Position the board so that two trusses overlap allowing 48 inches between the end of the board. And the wall that runs parallel to the ceiling beams. Place the truss board by driving three of its 8-inch screws through each end of the board and into the trusses with the hexagonal screwdriver in your drill.
- Measure the length and width of your board treated with the tape measure in order to locate the exact center of the plate. Place an “X” mark on this place with your pencil. Place the tip of the eyelet to this place and turn on the ceiling-mounted plate.
- Attach a snap clip for the eye bolt. Attach one end of a 12-inch chain to the snap clip. Then Attach a second spring clip at the free end of the 12-inch chain that hangs from the eye bolt.
- Connect one free end of each of your four remaining chains to the spring clip that hangs from the garage roof. Place a new snap clip at the end of each of the four hanging chains. Have an assistant lift the bag and hold it in place while attaching a snap clip for each of the four metal rings on the top of the heavy bag. Lower the bag gently to allow it to hang freely from its mount. Punch, kick and pull the bag to test the mount.
I hope It’ll help you our and If you are looking for heavy punching bags visit our homepage.